Program Educational Objectives(PEO)
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry and as entrepreneurs that meet the needs of Indian and multinational industrial sector.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesis data and technical concepts for application to product development.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary Projects and to develop interpersonal skills & coordination.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To promote students awareness of life-long learning. Promote learning beyond existing domain. Introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
- To inculcate among students virtues of time management, self discipline positive attitude and creativity.
Program Outcomes (POs)
At the end of successul completion of program, the graduates will be able to,
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with t h e society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Posses comprehensive knowledge of engineering material and their physical and mechanical properties.
- Analyse and draw meaningful conclusion from the solution of design problem.
- Posses adequate knowledge of manufacturing, metrology and quality control(processes, tools, equipments and accessories etc.) and skill to apply them appropriately.
- Ability to use software packages related to design, analysis and manufacturing.